Applications will be accepted for starting January 15, 2024
The Team CMMD Foundation’s mission is to support those fighting cancer and their families in our community and beyond. In support of this mission, each year the Foundation awards the Karen L. Baker Scholarship.
Karen Baker was a full-time working mother of two who bravely fought liposarcoma, a rare form of soft-tissue cancer. With help from Team CMMD, friends, and family, Karen showed exceptional courage through eight years of treatments to fight her cancer. On November 3, 2016, Karen’s fight ended. Her legacy will continue through you.
In honor of Karen’s bravery, we offer you the opportunity to apply for a special college scholarship.
At the end of the 2024 academic year, 4 qualifying students graduating from Chester County high schools will be awarded college scholarships from the Team CMMD Foundation.
$10,000 scholarship given to 2 high school seniors and $2,500 scholarships given to 2 additional high school seniors
Sponsored by generous donations throughout the year
WHO CAN APPLY:
High school seniors from Chester County high schools who meet application criteria and have directly been IMPACTED by cancer, either by illness of applying student, a family member, or person of close personal significance.
WHO YOU’LL HELP:
All proceeds benefit financial assistance programs for local cancer families including the Karen Baker Scholarship for a local high school student touched by cancer.
• Karen L. Baker Scholarship: o $10,000 scholarship for college attendance, paid in four consecutive annual payments of $2,500 per (2 recipients)
• Karen L. Baker Scholarship Honorable Mention: One time $2,500 grant (2 recipients)
• Yearly award contingent on college student maintaining a 3.0 GPA or better
• Completed applicant information form (see attached page)
• 2022 Graduation from one of the following Chester County High Schools o WCASD: Henderson, Rustin, WC East o DASD: West, East, STEM o Other: Bishop Shanahan, Unionville, Phoneixville, Coatesville, Great Valley, Octorara
• Attendance at a four-year accredited college (If acceptance received by time of application for scholarship, please include a copy of your acceptance letter)
• Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (high school transcript to be submitted with application)
• Applicant directly IMPACTED by cancer, either by illness of applying student, a family member, or person of close personal significance.
• A maximum of a 1,000 word essay to be submitted with application. o References with your family’s name or the specific name of the person you are writing about should not be used in the essay as they need to be blinded for our selection committee.
Thank you for your interest in the Karen L. Baker Scholarship Awards. We look forward to learning about your bravery as we work together in the fight against cancer.
This scholarship will be administered by the Team CMMD Foundation. Application and essay should be emailed to Team CMMD Foundation at: email@example.com no later than Sunday, March 26, 2023. The Karen L. Baker Scholarship Committee will review all applications. Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2023.
All complete application components can be mailed to:
Team CMMD Foundation
Attn: KLB Scholarship Committee
750 W. Lincoln Hwy
Exton, PA 19341
YOU CAN HELP:
Donations throughout the year help us to reach our goal and provide this recurring scholarship.