KAREN L. BAKER SCHOLARSHIP
The Team CMMD Foundation’s mission is to support those fighting cancer and their families in our community and beyond. In support of this mission, each year the Foundation awards the Karen L. Baker Scholarship.
Karen Baker was a full-time working mother of two who bravely fought liposarcoma, a rare form of soft-tissue cancer. With help from Team CMMD, friends, and family, Karen showed exceptional courage through eight years of treatments to fight her cancer. On November 3, 2016, Karen's fight ended. Her legacy will continue through you.
In honor of Karen's bravery, we offer you the opportunity to apply for a special college scholarship. At the end of the 2018 academic year, one or more qualifying students graduating from Chester County high schools will be awarded college scholarships from the Team CMMD Foundation.
$20,000 scholarship given to a high school senior
sponsored by generous donations throughout the year
WHO CAN APPLY
High school seniors from Chester County high schools who meet application criteria and have been touched by cancer.
WHO YOU'LL HELP
All proceeds benefit financial assistance programs for local cancer families including the Karen Baker Scholarship for a local high school student touched by cancer.
• $5,000 per academic year of college attendance, for four consecutive years, totaling $20,000
• Yearly award contingent on college student maintaining a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or better.
• Completed applicant information form
• 2018 Graduation from a Chester County high school
• Attendance at a four-year accredited college (If acceptance received by time of application for scholarship, please include a copy of your acceptance letter)
• Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (High school transcript to be submitted with application)
• Applicant directly impacted by cancer, either by illness of applying student, a family member, or someone close to them. A 1,000- to 1,500-word essay to be submitted with application.
This scholarship will be administered by the Team CMMD Foundation. The Karen L. Baker Scholarship Committee will review all applications. Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2018.
Thank you for your interest in the Karen L. Baker Scholarship Award. We look forward to learning about your bravery as we work together in the fight against cancer.
Applications should be sent to the Team CMMD Foundation no later than Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Please download the application from the link below:
All complete application components can be mailed to:
Team CMMD Foundation
Attn: Karen L. Baker Scholarship Award Committee
750 W. Lincoln Hwy
Exton, PA 19341
YOU CAN HELP:
Donations throughout the year help us to reach our goal and provide this recurring scholarship.